28 January 2009

Week Four - Thing 9 - Blog Finders

I used the Google Blog finder. I never knew there was such a thing! I think this is great. I often am faced with a question from someone who would like to know what others in a certain field (usually different teaching disciplines, but not always) are thinking about. With the Blog search I can go on and find a few blogs and read a little about any subject to get various opinions. It's weird, it is almost like having a round table discussion about any subject at the drop of a hat. I found with some blogs you sometimes are faced with some fanatics or people who feel really passionately one way or the other, depending on what subject you are searching for. I suppose people who bother to keep up with a blog are the ones who DO feel passionately about their subject matter. Anyway, if you can kind of sift through and glue all comments together for a more well-rounded perspective, it can be really helpful.

No comments: