30 January 2009

Week Three - Thing 7 - Something I've Learned

I learned a new techie term this weekend. I wanted to load some photos onto my laptop from our camera but I have only ever loaded thewm onto my desktop computer and the software that I needed was not loaded onto my laptop. Anyway, I went to the Pentax site to download the software and there was a link for software and something called "firmware," which I had never heard. The site said that software is what you download to use on your computer to allow your camera to download images, etc. Firmware is something you download onto your camera that might update its settings, like the way that it records date and time, for instance. I'm not sure if it is called firmware for all portablwe devices, but I think it's cool that I learned something new!

No comments: