01 February 2009

Week Three - Thing 6 - Mashups

Woah! I never knew what mashups were before. This opens up a whole new world for me. Not that I will have much occassion to use mashups, but I definitely like to be educated on what is out there. The Montagr site is really fun. I know that my friend's Flickr page has photos of me so I put my name as a search in Montagr but there are way too many little pictures to be able to find my own face. It's neat that you can scroll over everything to see the pictures, though.

The Mappr site is neat, too. It is similar to the Schmap site where you are seeing photos from certain places. The difference is that Mappr solely uses images from Flickr and Schmap gets them from everywhere on the web.

It is just amazing to see all of the different avanuse one can travel down when using the internet and to see the imagination that goes into coming up with these mashup sites.

No comments: